Home News BCB won’t allow players for IPL

BCB won’t allow players for IPL

Bangladesh cricketers Shakib Al Hasan and Mustafizur Raman returned from the Indian Premier League (IPL) after the Board of Control for Cricket in India had suspended the tournament in the middle due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

As the tournament is set to continue in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), tentatively on September 18 or 19, the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hasan Papon has confirmed that the board will not allow its players for the remainder of the IPL.

Although the BCB president previously said they were not interested in forcing any cricketer to play for the national team and would include a clause in the contract to have a fair idea about the availability of the players, the cricket board seems to have taken a u-turn from their previous stance.

“It is almost impossible to provide NOC (for IPL) considering our international commitments. I don’t see any chance of giving it (NOC) to them. We have the (T20) world cup coming up, and now every match is important,” Nazmul was quoted saying by Ekkator Television.

Earlier, Akram has told that the cricket board is not likely to give NOC to Shakib Al Hasan for the upcoming Caribbean Premier League, which is expected to occur during Austria’s Bangladesh tour.

 

The post BCB won’t allow players for IPL appeared first on Bdcrictime.